1. Web designing should always align itself with the requirements of the customer. All web designing should hinge on what the customer wishes to see and what all he or she wants to imbibe in their web format. Each and every page of the web design should cater to a specific wish and demand of the customers who are visiting the site. Then and only then is true web designing of the proper format achieved.
2. Your communication with the customers and those who visit the website must be crystal clear. Thus, for this, try to make all that you wish to communicate with them very simple and easy to understand. If the reading matter is long and arduous to comprehend, you will lose the traffic quotient for your website which you wish to draw to it.
3. When you type out matter, make it a point to do so in a front and type face which is simple to read. For instance, Arial and Verdana are simpler to comprehend when one is browsing online than the others. Also the size 16 font is the one which is considered the most reader friendly. Try to stick to these for your work.
4. The spread of colors which you use in your website make a lot of difference to the overall formatting. The best format is the one which uses a healthy mix of colors which are a pleasure to see. Do not go in for a mix which makes for an outlandish spreadout of colors or a subdued one which looks too dull or monotonous. Try out the colors before finalizing them so that you have a good idea of what you are doing.
5. A good use of images interspersed with text is smart and intelligent web designing. Try this out. Do not have too much of reading material with no imagery. Also, do not use images just for the sake of using them. An intelligent spread which combines a mix of these two options works well to attract suitable traffic to the website.
6. Your navigation through the website must be very user-friendly. Do not make the website difficult to navigate through. This will complicate issues and will demotivate your users. Easy browsing is what really works well for users.
7. Your entire layout must be patterned on the basis of some sort of a grid. Do not overcrowd your pages. Also, do not have vast empty spaces in them. A sort of healthy balance of matter which is simple to use works well both for the designer as well as for the user.
8. Websites should be such that they can be easily browsed even via a cell phone. In these times when each one of us is running after time more than anything else, this one parameter is very important. People do not like to waste time even when they are travelling. They like to utilize it by working on their cell phones or laptops.