Crooked teeth, overbite, or whatever your oral issue may be, clear braces are a great choice, but there are a few things to get straight first about Invisalign in Poway CA. We’re discussing the top 9 today.
1. Yes, you actually have to wear them. You have to keep the aligners on for at least 20 hours a day or you won’t get the best results. That means breakfast, lunch, and dinner become power meals, so make sure you’re ready for that commitment.
2. You can’t see them, but you can hear them. There’s a reason they are called invisible braces – it’s because no one can tell you’re wearing them.
3. It’s not the right treatment for everyone. Invisalign in Poway CA can treat most orthodontic issues, like crooked teeth, minor over/underbites, or gaps. But for more severe cases, it’s a question of how long you are willing to continue the treatment. Patients with more complex problems may get quicker results with metal braces surgery.
4. Your travel toothbrush will become your best friend. You’ll need to use one) in between meals, so your food doesn’t linger in your mouth longer than it needs to. Assuming you eat three times a day, that means you’ll need it for 21 instances in a single week, so purchase them in quantity.
5. You’ll have to limit your morning coffee. In general, drinking anything that can stain your teeth such as coffee, red wine, tea will stain your Invisalign in Poway CA. So if you rely on a cup (or three) of coffee to fuel your mornings, be warned – you won’t get to enjoy it quite like you used to. You’ll have to factor it into your allotted time to eat breakfast, or take it out before your second cup (and always brush before you put the trays back in).
6. You might (accidentally) lose weight. After every meal, you have to brush your teeth. So when you get that 2 p.m. craving, you’re forced to stop and ask yourself if it’s really worth it. Most of the time, it’s not, and you quickly become aware of your senseless snacking.
7. It’s virtually painless. No, you won’t be able to eat raw carrots on your first day, but it’s like a walk in the park compared to its metal counterpart.
8. Cleaning them with toothpaste is a no-no. The only thing more noticeable than spinach wedged between your teeth is a murky, yellow Invisalign tray. This can happen if you don’t brush post-meal, but also because you’re washing it with toothpaste. Most people think that’s how they are supposed to clean trays but toothpaste contains abrasive ingredients that can cause build-up and odor. Stick to a mild detergent or soap instead.
9. It’s 100 percent worth it. Your teeth will no longer bother you, and you’ll become a devoted flosser and a mindful eater…and that makes it completely, totally, wholeheartedly worth it.
Want to know if you’re a candidate for Invisalign in Poway CA? Contact us today to schedule your free consultation so we can discuss your treatment choices and payment options.